woensdag 12 maart 2008

Project proposal presentation

So the project proposal presentation was pretty exciting seen the fact that after the five minutes you got for giving your presentation you were told if you were allowed to continue your project or not. Luckely for me it was approved, however, I needed to remove the word properly in my research question. So for now, my research questions is going to be:

"How can you translated a traditional
board game into a multi-touch edition?"

Also I had hard time phrasing that what I want to do, but I guess I can best describe it as finding multi-touch solutions for common game problems that have already been solved in someway for traditional board games. Like the die, that has been found to generate a random number.

If you take a board game like cluedo, you could extract game solutions like the dice, the weapons, the pawns that represent the character, the cards that represent a character, weapon or room, the spaces on the board and the rooms. How can you put all these elements into a multi-touch screen and make the experience of that game even more fun.

As an example I will translate one traditional board game into a multi-touch edition, where I will describe my work progress in my supportive narrative, argumenting every decision I make.

Geen opmerkingen: