vrijdag 14 maart 2008

Building second prototype

Alright instead of a story line, this time I'll post a sum of events. So on wednesday eve, I got the 30 IR Leds and with that I had all the equipment to start building the second prototype. I brought all the stuff from the shopping list to my good friend Paul van Dalen, who helped me putting it all together.

Unfortunatly we saw that the 10mm space in the H-shaped aliminium bar was including the thick edges and the acrylic of 8mm did NOT fit in. So we had to find another solution and so we decided to make the aliminium go all the way around the acrylic and let the L-shaped braces stick out a bit so that it can hold it.

It all cost more time then I expected and so at the end of the night we had the aliminium frame, with the holes and we had part of the soldering done. Then the next day, my unibrain firewire camera arrived with the lens and I was able to lend a beamer from school for the weekend.

Tomorrow, saturday, I will again go to my friend to finish the frame. I wish I could take photo's of the development, but unfortunatly I don't have a photo camera.

Tonight I will install and connect the unibrain camera to see it's speed and to see how it picks up infrared light.

Geen opmerkingen: