dinsdag 18 maart 2008

Playing with the second prototype: Part II

Today I had to look for duct tape to tape the edges where the infra red light could escape out of the frame and I had to look for some tracing paper to work as a diffuse material. I settle for coroplast PVC tape and patternpaper, which I didn't even know it existed and if it would work.

I placed all the wires and leds within the frame and taped it so I don't have to worry about accidently breaking the wires. After this was done I was glad to see that I didn't have to worry about hoovering hands anymore.

Next was the possition of the diffuse material, it appeared that if I put it in front my blobs didn't get through, that's probably why you need a small layer of silicon to make that work. I put it behind the acrylic, so at the bottom, and my blobs did went through.

Now I have a working multi-touch input device, but not yet a multi-touch screen. So tomorrow I will borrow a beamer to project the image on my screen and hopefully that will be it.

I know the picture below is a bit chaotic, but it does describe what it will look like tomorrow.

Geen opmerkingen: