dinsdag 8 april 2008

Software Application : Part II

One of the most annoying things I came a cross was while playing and developing with my FTIR touch screen, was that it wasn't precize enough. If it doesn't register properly where you touched the screen that get's very frustrated, mostly if you are depended on it. So I worked hard on adding a calibration handler to my class and succeeded.

With a simple method 'startCalibration()' I can now let the user define the screen size and use those values to give a more precize position of where the finger touches the screen.

It looks like this:

2 opmerkingen:

J. Adam Moore zei

Great! I hope you were helped by my post on NUI group forum. Precision coordinates don't have to be so hard to calculate or detect. I'm glad you found a solution. I hope to test it out soon. Keep up the good work!

Mark van Wijnen zei

Yea thanks a lot for the tips m8! I am going to test it out soon, trying to play around with delta and the area, see how it works.